Happy Friday and welcome to your end-of-week edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free market report for carriers and owner operators. In the coming week, you can expect flatbed demand in one Texas market to remain high, and for flatbed demand to increase this week in Northern Ontario. If you run reefer, you’ll want to continue to make Dodge City, Kan., and Tucson, Ariz., top priorities, as reefer demand and rates for both are expected to remain relatively high over the next five to seven day period. St. Louis is projected to see high demand for power only capacity in the coming week, while power only demand/rates to/from Brooklyn, N.Y., and Omaha, Neb., will be extremely low.
Read on to find out where else demand and rates are likely to be highest and lowest this week in this Friday edition of “Where’s the Freight?”
Where Demand and Rates Are Likely To Be High or Rising
- Flatbed demand and rates to/from Texarkana, Texas, and Rapid City, S.D., are projected to be relatively high this week. Demand for flatbed capacity inbound to and outbound from Northern Ontario is likely to increase this week.
- Reefer demand and rates for Dodge City, Kan., and Tucson, Ariz., are likely to be elevated over the next five to seven days. Demand for reefer capacity to/from Grand Junction, Colo., Texarkana, Texas, and Dodge City, Kan., is expected to rise in the coming week.
- Power only demand and rates inbound to and outbound from St. Louis will be relatively high this week. Demand for power only capacity to/from New Castle, Del., likely will increase in the coming week.
Where Demand and Rates Are Likely To Be Low or Falling
- Flatbed demand and rates inbound to and outbound from Eastern Ontario are expected to be very low this week. Flatbed demand to/from Gary, Ind., will continue to decline in the next five to seven day period.
- Reefer demand to/from Hartford, Conn., and Billings, Mont., will be extremely low this week. Reefer demand for Ithaca, N.Y., is projected to decrease over the next week.
- Power only demand and rates for Brooklyn, N.Y., and Omaha, Neb., are likely to be extremely low over the next five to seven day period. Power only demand to/from Springfield, Mass., is likely to fall this week.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
- Over the next week, the five highest demand/rate markets likely will be: 1. Dodge City, Kan. (reefer), 2. Tucson, Ariz. (reefer), 3. Texarkana, Texas (flatbed), 4. St. Louis (power only), and 5. Rapid City, S.D. (flatbed).
- The five lowest demand/rate markets this week likely will be: 1. Hartford, Conn. (reefer), 2. Eastern Ontario (flatbed), 3. Brooklyn, N.Y. (power only), 4. Billings, Mont. (reefer), and 5. Omaha, Neb. (power only).
- In the coming week, the St. Louis power only market will favor owner operators and fleets by two to one, meaning there should be at least two loads available to each power only unit headed into the area.
- The most recent Daily Market Update from FreightWaves indicates that national outbound tender rejections are up slightly, while national freight volumes are down slightly.
- The Billings, Mont., reefer market will favor brokers and shippers by more than two to one this week, meaning for each load inbound from and outbound from the area there likely will be at least two refrigerated trailers available.
- Two bills recently under consideration by Congress would simplify credentialing for new owner operators.
For more market insights, check out the previous edition of our free freight forecast, Where’s the Freight? Texarkana, Tucson, Winnipeg, Dodge City and Fayetteville Highest Demand Markets in the Coming Week. To download the Trucker Tools app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/web/carriers/.
To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.