Welcome to your Monday edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free freight market report for owner operators and trucking companies. You can trust the predictions of where demand and rates will be highest and lowest in this and every edition of “Where’s the Freight?” because they are based on real-world data from Trucker Tools’ driver, carrier and broker technology platforms.
Over the next five to seven days, you can expect flatbed demand to cool in several markets, including Brooklyn, N.Y., and Springfield, Mass., while the Texarkana, Texas, flatbed market is expected to see a significant increase in demand this week. In the coming week, Ithaca, N.Y., will be a hot spot for dry van demand and Fargo, N.D., is likely to see relatively high demand and rates for power only capacity.
To find out where else demand and rates for flatbed, reefer, power only and dry van capacity will be high and low this week, check out the rest of this Monday edition of “Where’s the Freight?” below!
Where Freight Demand/Rates Will Be Highest or Rising This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Norfolk, Va., are likely to be somewhat elevated. Demand for flatbed capacity to/from Southwestern Ontario is projected to rise slightly.
- Reefer demand and rates for Texarkana, Texas, will be high.
- Power only demand and rates for Fargo, N.D., and New Castle, Del., are expected to be relatively high. Power only demand to/from Philadelphia, Savannah, Ga., and San Antonio is likely to increase.
- Dry van demand and rates for Ithaca, N.Y., will remain somewhat elevated.
Where Freight Demand/Rates Will Be Lowest or Falling This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Ithaca, N.Y., Brooklyn, N.Y., and Springfield, Mass., will be extremely low. Flatbed demand to/from Montreal, Quebec, is projected to decline.
- Reefer demand and rates for Pittsburgh are likely to be low.
- Power only demand and rates for Stockton, Calif., are likely to remain very low. Power only demand inbound and outbound from Omaha, Neb., is expected to decrease.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
- Five Hottest Markets this week: 1. Texarkana, Texas (reefer), 2. Fargo, N.D. (power only), 3. Ithaca, N.Y. (dry van), 4. New Castle, Del. (power only), and 5. Norfolk, Va. (flatbed).
- Five Coldest Markets this week: 1. Ithaca, N.Y. (flatbed), 2. Stockton, Calif. (power only), 3. Brooklyn, N.Y. (flatbed), 4. Springfield, Mass. (flatbed) and 5. Pittsburgh (reefer).
- Market To Watch: Demand for flatbed capacity inbound to and outbound from Texarkana, Texas, is projected to increase significantly over the next five to seven day period.
- Last Friday, FreightWaves SONAR Sightings reported that several smaller freight markets have seen volumes increase significantly in recently weeks, including Greenville, S.C., and Allentown, Pa.
- JOC is reporting a trend of small, independent trucking businesses returning to port drayage as a result of declining OTR rates.
- The Women in Trucking Association is accepting nominations through Sept. 20 for the 2022 Influential Woman in Trucking award.
Read our previous freight market report, “Where’s the Freight? Texarkana, Ithaca, Philadelphia and Montreal High Demand/Rate Freight Markets in Coming Week.”
To download Trucker Tools’ free driver app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/carriers/trucker-tools-app/. To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.