Happy Friday, drivers and carriers, and welcome to your T.G.I.F. edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free freight forecast for drivers and fleets. Our free trucking forecast tells you where demand and rates for freight will be high, low, increasing and decreasing over the next five to seven days. Armed with this market intelligence, you can target loads that take you into hot markets and avoid loads to/from markets that are projected to be cold.
In the next week, demand for reefer and flatbed capacity is expected to be strong in several key distribution markets, including Tucson, Ariz., Wheeling, W.Va., and Macon, Ga. In the coming week, look for power only capacity demand and rates to increase for Fort Wayne, Ind., and San Diego.
Where Demand/Rates Will Be Highest or Rising This Week
– Flatbed demand and rates for Wheeling, W.Va., and Little Rock, Ark., are likely to be very high. Flatbed demand for Decatur, Ala., is projected to rise.
– Reefer demand and rates for Tucson, Ariz., Jonesboro, Ark., and Macon, Ga., are expected to be extremely high. Reefer demand for Texarkana, Texas, and Fayetteville, Ark., is likely to increase.
– Power only demand and rates for Fort Wayne, Ind., and San Diego are projected to rise.
Where Freight Demand/Rates Will Be Lowest or Falling This Week
– Flatbed demand and rates for Texarkana, Texas, and Gary, Ind., are likely to decline.
– Reefer demand and rates for Hartford, Conn., Calgary, Alberta, Pittsburgh, and Vancouver, British Columbia, are expected to be extremely low.
– Power only demand and rates for Omaha, Neb., are likely to be low.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
– Five Hottest Markets this week: 1. Tucson, Ariz. (reefer), 2. Wheeling, W.Va. (flatbed), 3. Little Rock, Ark. (flatbed), 4. Jonesboro, Ark. (reefer), and 5. Macon, Ga. (reefer).
– Five Coldest Markets this week: 1. Hartford, Conn. (reefer), 2. Calgary, Alberta (reefer), 3. Omaha, Neb. (power only), 4. Pittsburgh (reefer), and 5. Vancouver, British Columbia (reefer).
– Market To Watch: In the next week, demand and rates for power only capacity inbound to and outbound from Fort Wayne, Ind., are projected to increase significantly.
– Over the next five to seven day period, demand for flatbed capacity inbound to and outbound from Wheeling, W.Va., is projected to be 11 times higher than it was during the same week in 2022.
– This week, the Pittsburgh reefer market will favor shippers by more than two to one, meaning there likely will only be one load available to every two refrigerated trailers headed into and out of the area.
– According to a survey conducted by Overdrive, 61 percent of owner operators expect 2023 business income to be the same or worse than 2022.
To download Trucker Tools’ free driver app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/carriers/trucker-tools-app/. To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.