Happy Friday and welcome to your end-of-week edition of Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free freight forecast for owner operators and carriers. With Thanksgiving only three weeks away and peak season in full swing, there’s lots of ground to cover in today’s freight forecast.
In the coming week, Edmonton, Alberta, will be a hot spot for both reefer and dry van capacity. In fact, the Edmonton reefer market is number one in today’s Top Five Hottest Markets list. If you run reefer, you’ll want to prioritize Southwestern Ontario and Ithaca, N.Y., as reefer demand is projected to be high or increasing in both areas this week. You also can expect rising dry van demand to/from Ithaca, N.Y., over the next five to seven days. On the power only side, Jackson, Miss., will remain a hot spot in the coming week, while the Tulsa, Okla., power only market will be one of the least profitable markets for truckers and carriers this week.
To discover where else demand for flatbed, reefer, power only and dry van capacity will be highest and lowest across North America over the next week, scroll down to read this Friday edition of Trucker Tools’ “Where’s the Freight?”
Where Demand (and Rates) Are Likely To Be High or Rising
- Southwestern Ontario once again is projected to be the highest demand flatbed market in North America over the next five to seven day period.
- Edmonton, Alberta, and Tucson, Ariz., will be the highest demand/rate reefer markets in the coming week. You also can expect reefer demand to increase this week for Ithaca, N.Y.
- Over the next five to seven days, Jackson, Miss., will be the highest demand/rate power only market in North America. Look for power only demand to be on the rise this week to/from Nashville, Tenn., and Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Edmonton, Alberta, also will be the top dry van market for truckers and carriers this week. Dry van demand inbound to and outbound from Ithaca, N.Y., is projected to increase this week, as well.
Where Demand (and Rates) Are Likely To Be Low or Falling
- You can expect extremely low demand for flatbed capacity to/from Yakima, Wash., in the next five to seven days.
- Reefer demand/rates to/from Wheeling, W.Va., and Hartford, Conn., will continue to be very low in the coming week. You also can expect demand for reefer capacity to/from Southwestern Ontario to decline this week.
- Tulsa, Okla., and Boston will be extremely low demand/rate power only markets for truckers and carriers over the next five to seven day period.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights
- The very latest data from Trucker Tools’ platforms indicates that the five most profitable markets for truckers and carriers this week will be: 1. Edmonton, Alberta (reefer), 2. Tucson, Ariz. (reefer), 3. Southwestern Ontario (flatbed), 4. Edmonton, Alberta (dry van), and 5. Jackson, Miss. (power only).
- This week, the five least profitable markets for truckers and carrierswill be: 1. Tulsa, Okla. (power only), 2. Wheeling, W.Va. (reefer), 3. Hartford, Conn. (reefer), 4. Boston (power only), and 5. Yakima, Wash. (flatbed).
- Today’s Daily Market Update from FreightWaves finds that national outbound tender rejections are down today, while volumes are up.
- Demand for flatbed capacity to/from Southwestern Ontario this week is projected to be four times higher than it was at the same time last year.
- The U.S.D.A.’s latest Specialty Crops National Truck Rate Report indicates that there are produce capacity shortages in the following areas: Mexico crossings through Nogales, Ariz., San Luis Valley Colorado, West District Florida, Upper Valley and Twin Falls-Burley District Idaho, New York state, Eastern North Carolina, Columbia Basin Washington state, Yakima Valley and Wenatchee District Washington state, and Central Wisconsin.
- According to the National Association of Independent Truckers, the American Rescue Plan’s health care subsidies are allowing most owner operators to enroll in 2022 Marketplace health plans for $100 month. Open enrollment began on Nov. 1 and runs through Jan. 15, 2022, at www.healthcare.gov.
For more market insights, read the previous edition of our free freight forecast, Where’s the Freight? Tucson, Southwestern Ontario, Jackson, Texarkana and Toledo Will Be Best Markets for Truckers and Carriers in Coming Week. To download the Trucker Tools app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/web/carriers/.