Welcome to the Monday edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free forecast for fleets and owner ops. According to the latest load and truck data from Trucker Tools’ platforms, Dodge City, Kan., once again will be the highest demand and highest rate market over the next five to seven day period. This week, you also can expect flatbed demand to remain high in three key Midwestern markets, and for flatbed demand to/from Portland, Maine, to increase in the coming week. If power only is your game, keep an eye on the New Castle, Del., market this week, where demand for power only capacity is expected to increase. Finally, you’ll want to continue to avoid the Hartford, Conn., reefer market and the Brooklyn, N.Y., power only market over the next week, as demand and rates in both regions are projected to be extremely low.
To discover where else demand and rates will be highest and lowest over the next week, scroll down to read the rest of this Monday edition of Trucker Tools’ “Where’s the Freight?”
Where Demand and Rates Are Likely To Be High or Rising
- Flatbed demand and rates to/from Texarkana, Texas, Fayetteville, Ark., and Rapid City, S.D., are expected to be high this week. Demand for flatbed capacity inbound to and outbound from Vancouver, British Columbia, and Portland, Maine, is projected to increase over the next week.
- Reefer demand and rates for Dodge City, Kan., and Tucson, Ariz., are likely to remain high over the next five to seven day period. Demand for reefer capacity to/from Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Texarkana, Texas, is expected to rise in the coming week.
- Power only demand and rates inbound to and outbound from New Castle, Del., are projected to increase this week.
Where Demand and Rates Are Likely To Be Low or Falling
- Flatbed demand and rates inbound to and outbound from Washington DC are expected to be very low this week. Flatbed demand to/from Ithaca, N.Y., and Gary, Ind., will continue to decline over the next five to seven days.
- Reefer demand to/from Hartford, Conn., and Billings, Mont., will remain extremely low this week. Reefer demand for Ithaca, N.Y., is likely to decline in the next week.
- Power only demand and rates for Brooklyn, N.Y., and Omaha, Neb., will continue to be extremely low this week.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
- The five highest demand/rate markets in the coming week likely will be: 1. Dodge City, Kan. (reefer), 2. Tucson, Ariz. (reefer), 3. Texarkana, Texas (flatbed), 4. Fayetteville, Ark. (flatbed), and 5. Rapid City, S.D. (flatbed).
- The five lowest demand/rate markets this week will be: 1. Hartford, Conn. (reefer), 2. Brooklyn, N.Y. (power only), 3. Billings, Mont. (reefer), 4. Washington DC (flatbed), and 5. Omaha, Neb. (power only).
- In the coming week, demand and rates for reefer capacity to/from Dodge City, Kan., are projected to be three times higher than they were in 2021.
- In response to recent winter storms, the FMCSA has suspended HOS regulations for heating fuel haulers for 41 states and Washington DC.
- The outbound Portland, Maine, flatbed market will favor owner operators and carriers by a ratio of two to one this week, meaning for each flatbed leaving the area there likely will be at least two loads available.
- The FMCSA’s Entry-Level Driver Training rule goes into effect today. The rule will standardize what’s taught and required in both private and public CDL schools in 50 states.
If you missed out on our previous market report, read it here: Where’s the Freight? Dodge City, Tucson, Texarkana, St. Louis and Rapid City Top Markets for Owner Operators and Fleets This Week.
To download the Trucker Tools app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/web/carriers/.
To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.