Welcome to this Monday edition of Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free market report for carriers and owner operators. The projections you see in this and every edition of “Where’s the Freight?” are based on real-world data from our broker and carrier platforms. Armed with insights on where demand and rates will be high and low, you can make better decisions on loads and maximize your profit margins.
In this Monday edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” the Reno, Nev., power only market snags the number one spot in our Top Five Hottest Markets list. In fact, three of the markets in today’s Top Five are power only markets, while the other two in our Top Five are reefer markets. Speaking of reefer markets, Tucson, Ariz., will remain a hot spot for reefer demand in the coming week. If you run flatbed, you can expect flatbed demand/rates to rise this week for Texarkana, Texas, Lubbock, Texas, and Gary, Ind., while flatbed demand will be extremely low this week to/from Joplin, Mo., and El Paso, Texas.
To discover where demand and rates will be highest and lowest over the next five to seven day period, scroll down to read the remainder of this Monday edition of Trucker Tools’ “Where’s the Freight?”
Where Demand and Rates Are Likely To Be High or Rising
- Flatbed demand is expected to increase this week for Texarkana, Texas, Lubbock, Texas, and Gary, Ind.
- Edmonton, Alberta, and Tucson, Ariz., are expected to be the highest demand/rate reefer markets in North America in the coming week. Demand for reefer capacity to/from Texarkana, Texas, is likely to increase over the next five to seven day period.
- You can expect high demand for power only capacity for Reno, Nev., Wilmington, N.C., and Fort Wayne, Ind., this week. Power only demand to/from Mobile, Ala., is projected to increase in the coming week.
Where Demand and Rates Are Likely To Be Low or Falling
- If you haul flatbed, you may want to avoid loads to/from Joplin, Mo., Edmonton, Alberta, and El Paso, Texas, in the coming week, as flatbed demand and rates are likely to be extremely low. Flatbed demand is expected to decline this week for Minot, N.D.
- Hartford, Conn., will be the least profitable reefer market in North America over the next five to seven day period.
- You can expect extremely low demand/rates for power only capacity to/from El Paso, Texas, this week.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights
- The latest Trucker Tools data indicates that the five most profitable markets for truckers and carriers in the coming week will be: 1. Reno, Nev. (power only), 2. Wilmington, N.C. (power only), 3. Edmonton, Alberta (reefer), 4. Tucson, Ariz. (reefer), and 5. Fort Wayne, Ind. (power only).
- This week, the five least profitable markets for truckers and carriers likely will be: 1. Joplin, Mo. (flatbed), 2. Hartford, Conn. (reefer), 3. Edmonton, Alberta (flatbed), 4. El Paso, Texas (power only), and 5. El Paso, Texas (flatbed).
- Today’s Daily Market Update from FreightWaves finds that national outbound tender rejections are down slightly and national outbound volumes are up slightly.
- In the coming week, demand for power only capacity to/from Reno, Nev., will be nine times higher than it was during the same week in 2020.
- This week, the outbound Wilmington, N.C., power only market will favor owner operators and carriers by a ratio of three to one, meaning for each trailer leaving the area, three loads will be available.
- The recent opening of the Carolina Connector, a new 330-acre inland port facility near Rocky Mount, N.C., aims to ease port congestion along the East Coast.
Read the previous edition of our free freight forecast, Where’s the Freight? Mobile, Texarkana, Edmonton, Tucson and Northern Ontario Top Markets for Truckers/Carriers This Week.