Happy Wednesday and welcome to your mid-week edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free freight market report for owner operators and trucking companies. In this and every edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” you’ll discover where demand and rates for flatbed, reefer, power only and dry van capacity will be highest and lowest over the next five to seven day period. With the July 4th holiday weekend in the rearview mirror, demand for reefer capacity has cooled in several markets, but not all markets. The Texarkana, Texas, reefer market is projected to see relatively high demand in the coming week, while the Texarkana, Texas, flatbed market claims the number one spot in today’s Top Five Hottest Markets list.
To find out where else demand and rates will be high and low this week, check out the rest of this Wednesday edition of “Where’s the Freight?” below.
Where Demand and Rates Will Be High or Increasing This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Texarkana, Texas, and Southwestern Ontario likely will be very high.
- Reefer demand and rates for Texarkana, Texas, and Tucson, Ariz., are expected to be relatively high. Demand for reefer capacity to/from Tucson, Ariz., Texarkana, Texas, and Dodge City, Kan., is projected to increase.
- Power only demand and rates for New Castle, Del., are likely to be high. Power only demand to/from Portland, Ore., and Fort Wayne, Ind., is expected to rise.
Where Demand and Rates Will Be Low or Decreasing This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Minot, N.D., will remain very low. Flatbed demand to/from Savannah, Ga., is likely to decline.
- Reefer demand and rates for Minot, N.D., Pittsburgh, and Seattle are projected to be extremely low. Reefer demand to/from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is expected to decrease.
- Power only demand and rates for Omaha, Neb., and Fort Worth, Texas, are likely to decline.
- Dry van demand and rates for Dodge City, Kan., are projected to be low.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
- Five Hottest Markets this week: 1. Texarkana, Texas (flatbed), 2. New Castle, Del. (power only), 3. Southwestern Ontario (flatbed), 4. Texarkana, Texas (reefer), and 5. Tucson, Ariz. (reefer).
- Five Coldest Markets this week: 1. Minot, N.D. (reefer), 2. Minot, N.D. (flatbed), 3. Pittsburgh (reefer), 4. Dodge City, Kan. (dry van), and 5. Seattle (reefer).
- In the coming week, the Texarkana, Texas, inbound flatbed market will favor owner operators and fleets by two to one, while its outbound market will favor drivers and carriers by four to one.
- Market To Watch: You can expect the Tucson, Ariz., reefer market to rebound in the coming week, with demand expected to increase by nearly 200 percent over the next five to seven day period.
- Demand for reefer capacity inbound to and outbound from Minot, N.D., is projected to be 75 percent lower than it was during the same week in 2021.
- According to a report released yesterday by the Logistics Managers’ Index, supply chain growth slowed considerably in June, hitting its lowest level since June 2020.
To download the Trucker Tools app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/carriers/trucker-tools-app/. To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.