According to the very latest information from our technology platforms, this week you can expect demand for power only capacity to be low or to decrease in several key markets including Stockton, Calif., Saginaw, Mich., Salt Lake City and San Diego. In the coming week, demand for reefer and flatbed capacity inbound to and outbound from Texarkana, Texas, likely will remain strong, as will the New Castle, Del., power only market. Over the next five to seven days, you also can expect flatbed demand to/from Dodge City, Kan., to increase dramatically, while Calgary, Alberta, will remain an ice-cold market for dry van freight.
Read on for more insights into hot and cold markets across the United States and Canada this week!
Where Demand/Rates Will Be Highest or Rising This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Texarkana, Texas, Rapid City, S.D., and Winnipeg, Manitoba, are projected to be very high. Flatbed demand to/from Dodge City, Kan., and Huntington, W.Va., is expected to increase.
- Reefer demand and rates for Texarkana, Texas, will remain extremely high. Demand for reefer capacity inbound to and outbound from Texarkana, Texas, and Jonesboro, Ark. is likely to rise.
- Power only demand and rates for New Castle, Del., are projected to be high and to increase.
Where Freight Demand/Rates Will Be Lowest or Falling This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Fort Smith, Ark., are likely to decline.
- Reefer demand and rates for Reno, Nev., will be very low.
- Power only demand and rates for Stockton, Calif., Fayetteville, Ark., and Saginaw, Mich., will be extremely low. Power only demand to/from Southwestern Ontario, San Diego and Salt Lake City likely will decrease.
- Dry van demand and rates for Calgary, Alberta, will remain very low.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
- Five Hottest Markets this week: 1. Texarkana, Texas (reefer), 2. Texarkana, Texas (flatbed), 3. Rapid City, S.D. (flatbed), 4. New Castle, Del. (power only), and 5. Winnipeg, Manitoba (flatbed).
- Five Coldest Markets this week: 1. Stockton, Calif. (power only), 2. Calgary, Alberta (dry van), 3. Fayetteville, Ark. (power only), 4. Saginaw, Mich. (power only), and 5. Reno, Nev. (reefer).
- Market To Watch: Demand for power only capacity to/from New Castle, Del., this week is projected to increase by 80 percent.
- You can expect a significant increase in demand for flatbed capacity this week for Dodge City, Kan.
- Yesterday’s SONAR Sightings from FreightWaves indicates that spot rates in the Savannah, Ga., to Atlanta lane are down 25 cents since Aug. 1. but remain 50 cents above the national average.
- After nine weeks of declining prices, the national average price for diesel fuel climbed up above $5.00/gallon again last week to $5.12/gallon.
Check out the previous edition of our free freight forecast, “Where’s the Freight? Texarkana, Dodge City, Macon and Spokane Expected To See High Demand for Trucks in Coming Week.”
To download Trucker Tools’ free driver app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/carriers/trucker-tools-app/. To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.