Welcome to the mid-week edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free freight forecast for drivers and fleets. Today’s freight forecast projects extremely high demand and rates for reefer capacity into and out of Texarkana, Texas, over the next five to seven day period. In fact, reefer demand this week into and out of this region is projected to be 40 percent higher than it was during the same week last year. Also of note in today’s forecast is that power only demand is projected to surge upwards in several markets, including Denver and Austin, Texas. If dry van is your game, make Macon, Ga., a priority this week and avoid dry van loads into and out of Calgary, Alberta, where van demand will be weak.
Where Demand/Rates Will Be Highest or Rising This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Gary, Ind., and Texarkana, Texas, are projected to be high. Flatbed demand to/from Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Rapid City, S.D., is likely to increase.
- Reefer demand and rates for Texarkana, Texas, and Spokane, Wash., will remain extremely high.
- Power only demand and rates for Austin, Texas, Fort Wayne, Ind., and Denver are expected to rise.
- Dry van demand and rates for Macon, Ga., are likely to be elevated.
Where Freight Demand/Rates Will Be Lowest or Falling This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Ithaca, N.Y., Fargo, N.D., and Albuquerque, N.M., are projected to be extremely low.
- Reefer demand and rates for Billings, Mont., will be very low.
- Power only demand and rates for Fresno, Calif., are expected to decline.
- Dry van demand and rates for Calgary, Alberta, will continue to be low.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
- Five Hottest Markets this week: 1. Texarkana, Texas (reefer), 2. Spokane, Wash. (reefer), 3. Macon, Ga. (dry van), 4. Gary, Ind. (flatbed), and 5. Texarkana, Texas (flatbed).
- Five Coldest Markets this week: 1. Ithaca, N.Y. (flatbed), 2. Billings, Mont. (reefer), 3. Fargo, N.D. (flatbed), 4. Calgary, Alberta (dry van), and 5. Albuquerque, N.M. (flatbed).
- Market To Watch: This week, the Texarkana, Texas, reefer market will favor fleets and owner operators by more than two to one, meaning there should be at least two loads available to every refrigerated trailer going into or out of the region.
- Demand for dry van capacity to/from Macon, Ga., this week is projected to be three times higher than it was during the same week in 2021.
- Last month, the Port of New York and New Jersey saw a 34 percent increase in cargo volume as shippers shifted cargo away from West Coast ports to East Coast ports.
- Yesterday’s SONAR Sightings from FreightWaves finds that outbound tender rejections (that measure demand) to/from Detroit have taken a nose-dive over the last week, while rejections are on the rise in the Los Angeles area.
Read our previous market report, “Where’s the Freight? Spokane, Texarkana, New Castle and San Diego To See High Demand This Week.”
To download Trucker Tools’ free driver app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/carriers/trucker-tools-app/. To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.