The Trucker Tools Market Index Report provides truckers and carriers like you with accurate information on where demand and rates are likely to be high in the next five to seven days. Our Market Index predicts capacity demand on a seven-day cycle, which gives you time to get your truck(s) into these hot markets to take advantage of high rates. You also can use Trucker Tools’ Market Index Reports to determine whether it’s worth it for you to take a load into a specific market or if you’re likely to lose money on the backhaul.
Today’s Market Index Report indicates sustained
demand for flatbed capacity primarily in the Midwest. Demand and rates for
reefer capacity along the southern border remains high, as food and other
refrigerated goods make their way into Texas and Arizona.
This is our last Market Index Report for 2020.
From all of us at Trucker Tools, we hope 2021 proves to be a happy and
prosperous year for you and your loved ones!
Hottest Markets for Drivers and Carriers
- Based on today’s Trucker Tools Market Index, the
hottest markets for flatbed in the next week will be Ithaca, N.Y.;
South Bend, Ind.; and Cheyenne, Wyo.
- Expect high demand for reefer capacity in the
next five to sevendaysforTucson, Ariz.; Corpus
Christi, Texas; Montreal; Flagstaff, Ariz.; and Dodge City, Kan.
- Jefferson City, Mo., will continue to be the hottest
power-only market for drivers and carriers in the coming week.
Coldest Markets for Drivers and Carriers
- We’ll see flatbed rates and demand fall in the
next week for Corpus Christi, Texas, and Yakima, Wash.
- Expect reefer demand to cool over the next five
to seven daysfor Reno, Nev., and Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Van capacity
demand will decrease over the coming week for Calgary, Alberta (Canada),
and Texarkana, Texas.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights
- Montreal is the top food and milk processor for the province of Quebec. The city is home to approximately 1,400 food processing companies. The large number of food processors in the region combined with increased demand for food products during the holiday season are likely driving increased demand for reefer capacity in the area.
- After trending down approximately 10 days ago, demand and rates for power-only capacity in Jefferson City, Mo., have rebounded. Expect demand for power only capacity to remain elevated into January.
- Demand for flatbed capacity in Ithaca, N.Y., is currently five times higher than it was at this time last year.
- The Texarkana, Texas, flatbed market has cooled significantly following a sustained period of increased demand in the previous 10 days.
Trucker Tools’ Market Index Reports are released every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For more insights into the hottest and coldest markets, read Hot Markets for Truckers in the Next Week: South Bend and Southwest Ontario for Flatbed, Tucson for Reefer, Jefferson City and Indianapolis Power-Only. To download Trucker Tools’ free driver app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/carriers/.