Welcome to your Friday edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free trucking forecast for fleets and drivers. In each edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” you’ll learn where demand and rates for flatbed, reefer, power only and dry van capacity will be high and low across the U.S. and Canada in the coming week.
This week, demand for reefer capacity to/from Texarkana, Texas, is projected to be extremely high, which is why it’s ranked number one in today’s Top Five Hottest Markets list. Over the next five to seven days, demand (and rates) for power only capacity for Fort Wayne, Ind., will be extremely high, as well. In the coming week, you can expect flatbed demand for Ithaca, N.Y., to increase by 50 percent. If you run dry van, you’ll want to avoid loads to/from Calgary, Alberta, this week, as demand and rates for this market are likely to be extremely low.
Where Demand/Rates Will Be Highest or Rising This Week
– Flatbed demand and rates for Ithaca, N.Y., are projected to remain extremely high and to further increase.
– Reefer demand and rates for Texarkana, Texas, and Decatur, Ala., are expected to be very high and reefer demand to/from Tucson, Ariz., is likely to rise.
– Power only demand and rates for Fort Wayne, Ind., and Bloomington, Ill., likely will be high, while power only demand for St. Cloud, Minn., and Springfield, Mass., is projected to increase.
– Dry van demand and rates for Ithaca, N.Y., are expected to increase.
Where Freight Demand/Rates Will Be Lowest or Falling This Week
– Flatbed demand and rates for Minot, N.D., Brooklyn, N.Y., and El Paso, Texas, will remain very low.
– Reefer demand and rates for Charleston, W.Va., are projected to decline.
– Power only demand and rates for Saginaw, Mich., likely will be low.
– Dry van demand and rates for Calgary, Alberta, are expected to be extremely low.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
– Five Hottest Markets this week: 1. Texarkana, Texas (reefer), 2. Fort Wayne, Ind. (power only), 3. Decatur, Ala. (reefer), 4. Ithaca, N.Y. (flatbed), and 5. Bloomington, Ill. (power only).
– Five Coldest Markets this week: 1. Calgary, Alberta (dry van), 2. Minot, N.D. (flatbed), 3. Brooklyn, N.Y. (flatbed), 4. Saginaw, Mich. (power only), and 5. El Paso, Texas (flatbed).
– Market To Watch: Over the coming week, demand for power only capacity inbound to and outbound from Fort Wayne, Ind., is projected to be five times higher than it was during the same week last year.
– Over the next five to seven day period, the Texarkana, Texas, reefer market will favor carriers and drivers by more than three to one, meaning there should be at least three loads available for every reefer headed into and out of the area.
– According to FreightWaves’ newest Weekly Fuel Report, the average per gallon price for diesel purchased at a truck stop has declined by 15 cents since last week.
Read Wednesday’s trucking forecast, “Where’s the Freight? Ithaca, Texarkana, Tucson, Fort Wayne and Jonesboro Top Freight Markets This Week.”
To download Trucker Tools’ free driver app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/carriers/trucker-tools-app/. To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.