Happy Friday, friends, and welcome to a new edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free freight market report for owner operators and fleets. “Where’s the Freight?” is the place for finding out where demand and rates are likely to be high, low, increasing and decreasing across the United States and Canada over the next five to seven day period.
This week, you can expect flatbed demand to cool in several markets, including two markets in North Dakota. Meanwhile, demand for power only and reefer capacity will be relatively high in two Georgia markets in the coming week. If you run dry van loads, you’ll want to avoid accepting loads into or out of Ithaca, N.Y., over the next five to seven days, as demand for dry van capacity is expected to decline.
Keep reading for more insights into where demand and rates will be hottest and coldest this week!
Where Freight Demand/Rates Will Be Highest or Rising This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Texarkana, Texas, are likely to remain elevated. Demand for flatbed capacity to/from Montgomery, Ala., is expected to increase.
- Reefer demand and rates for Ithaca, N.Y., and Macon, Ga., will be very high. Demand for reefer capacity to/from Dodge City, Kan., and Texarkana, Texas, is likely to rise.
- Power only demand and rates for Savannah, Ga., and New Castle, Del., are expected to be high. Power only demand to/from Salt Lake City and Macon, Ga., is projected to increase.
Where Freight Demand/Rates Will Be Lowest or Falling This Week
- Flatbed demand and rates for Fargo, N.D., El Paso, Texas, Springfield, Mass., and Minot, N.D., will be extremely low. Flatbed demand to/from Southwestern Ontario is likely to decline.
- Power only demand and rates for Fort Wayne, Ind., are expected to decrease.
- Dry van demand and rates inbound to and outbound from Ithaca, N.Y., are projected to fall.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
- Five Hottest Markets this week: 1. Ithaca, N.Y. (reefer), 2. Texarkana, Texas (flatbed), 3. Savannah, Ga. (power only), 4. New Castle, Del. (power only), and 5. Macon, Ga. (reefer).
- Five Coldest Markets this week: 1. Fargo, N.D. (flatbed), 2. El Paso, Texas (flatbed), 3. Springfield, Mass. (flatbed), 4. Minot, N.D. (flatbed), and 5. Pittsburgh (reefer).
- Market To Watch: This week, the outbound Ithaca, N.Y., reefer market will favor fleets and owner operators by two to one, meaning there should be two loads available to every refrigerated trailer leaving the region.
- Over the next five to seven days, demand for flatbed capacity to/from Texarkana, Texas, will be twice as high as it was during the same week last year.
- According to the newest USDA Specialty Crops National Truck Rate Report, there continue to be shortages of capacity in Southwestern Indiana and Southeastern Illinois, Southeastern Missouri and Eastern North Carolina.
- Yesterday’s SONAR Sightings from FreightWaves indicates that several smaller markets are heating up, including Jacksonville, Fla., Grand Rapids, Mich., and Kansas City, Mo.
For even more market insights, read the previous edition of our free freight forecast, “Where’s the Freight? Ithaca, Dodge City, Texarkana and New Castle To See High Demand This Week.”
To download the Trucker Tools app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/carriers/trucker-tools-app/. To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.