Welcome to your Monday edition of Trucker Tools’ “Where’s the Freight?,” a free freight forecast that tells you where demand (and rates) are likely to be high and low in the coming week. In today’s edition of our free market report, you’ll notice that the Pendleton, Ore., power only market claims the top spot in our Top Five Hottest Markets list. This is the first time that this market has appeared in our top five list. Also of note in today’s edition of “Where’s the Freight?” is that demand for both flatbed and reefer capacity inbound to and outbound from Southwestern Ontario is expected to increase this week. In the coming week, you can expect extremely low demand for reefer capacity to/from Billings, Mont., and for power only demand to decline in several major distribution markets in the Southern United States.
Scroll down and read the rest of this newest edition of Trucker Tools’ “Where’s the Freight?” to discover where else demand and rates will be highest and lowest over the next five to seven days.
Where Demand Will Be High or Increasing
- Texarkana, Texas, is projected to be the highest demand flatbed market in the coming week. You also can expect flatbed demand to rise this week to/from Southwestern Ontario.
- Edmonton, Alberta, and Spokane, Wash., once again will be the highest demand/highest rate reefer markets in North America. Reefer demand is expected to increase this week for Southwestern Ontario.
- This week the highest demand power only markets will be Pendleton, Ore., and Billings, Mont.
- Look for demand for dry van capacity to increase this week for Edmonton, Alberta, and Minot, N.D.
Where Demand Will Be Low or Decreasing
- El Paso, Texas, once again is projected to be the lowest demand flatbed market in North America this week.
- Demand for reefer capacity to/from Billings, Mont., and Hartford, Conn., will be extremely low over the next five to seven days.
- The lowest demand/lowest rate power only market this week will be Toledo, Ohio. You also can expect power only demand/rates to decrease this week for Savannah, Ga., Knoxville, Tenn., Tucson, Ariz., Salt Lake City, and Jacksonville, Fla.
- This week the Central Ontario dry van market will be the lowest demand/lowest rate dry van market in North America.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights
- The latest Trucker Tools data shows that these will be the five highest demand freight markets in the coming week: 1. Pendleton, Ore. (power only), 2. Edmonton, Alberta (reefer), 3. Billings, Mont. (power only), 4. Spokane, Wash. (reefer), and 5. Texarkana, Texas (flatbed).
- The five lowest demand freight markets will be: 1. Billings, Mont. (reefer), 2. Toledo, Ohio (power only), 3. El Paso, Texas (flatbed), 4. Central Ontario (dry van), and 5. Hartford, Conn. (reefer).
- Today’s Daily Market Update from FreightWaves indicates that national outbound tender rejections, which measure demand, are up slightly, while national outbound tender volumes are down slightly.
- This week demand for power only capacity inbound to and outbound from Pendleton, Ore., is projected to be 10 times higher than it was during the same week in 2020.
- Pendleton operates one of its two woolen mills in Pendleton, Ore., one of the few woolen mills still in operation in North America.
- U.S. exports are rising and on track for a record year, according to a report released today from American Shipper, with more exports being moved via tanker and dry cargo vessels instead of by container ships.
Read Level Up Your Trucking Business: Target Loads in Areas Where Demand for Trucks Will Be High or Increasing to learn more about how “Where’s the Freight?” can help your trucking business. To download the Trucker Tools app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/web/carriers/.