Welcome to the newest edition of “Where’s the Freight?,” Trucker Tools’ free trucking forecast for fleets and owner operators. This free trucking forecast provides insights into where demand and rates for certain kinds of freight will be highest and lowest in the coming week. Over the next five to seven day period, you can expect high demand for reefer and flatbed capacity in several markets including Little Rock, Ark., Tucson, Ariz., and Wheeling, W.Va. If you run power only, you’ll want to add Norfolk, Va., to your destination list, as demand and rates are projected to increase significantly this week.
Read on for more insights into which freight markets across the United States and Canada will see high, low, increasing and decreasing demand over the next week.
Where Demand/Rates Will Be Highest or Rising This Week
– Flatbed demand and rates for Wheeling, W.Va., and Gary, Ind., are projected to be high. Flatbed demand for Little Rock, Ark., and Mobile, Ala., is likely to increase.
– Reefer demand and rates for Tucson, Ariz., Texarkana, Texas, and Jonesboro, Ark., are expected to be very high. Reefer demand for Macon, Ga., likely will rise.
– Power only demand and rates for Norfolk, Va., and San Diego are projected to rise.
Where Freight Demand/Rates Will Be Lowest or Falling This Week
– Flatbed demand and rates for Brooklyn, N.Y., and Minot, N.D., are expected to be low. Flatbed demand for Dodge City, Kan., and Winnipeg, Manitoba, is likely to decrease.
– Reefer demand and rates for Hartford, Conn., and Pittsburgh likely will be very low.
– Power only demand and rates for Fort Wayne, Ind., are projected to decline.
– Dry van demand and rates for Calgary, Alberta, are likely to be extremely low.
– Auto carrier demand and rates for Dallas are expected to decrease.
Trucker Tools’ Market Insights and Industry News
– Five Hottest Markets this week: 1. Tucson, Ariz. (reefer), 2. Texarkana, Texas (reefer), 3. Jonesboro, Ark. (reefer), 4. Wheeling, W.Va. (flatbed), and 5. Gary, Ind. (flatbed).
– Five Coldest Markets this week: 1. Calgary, Alberta (dry van), 2. Hartford, Conn. (reefer), 3. Brooklyn, N.Y. (flatbed), 4. Minot, N.D. (flatbed), and 5. Pittsburgh (reefer).
– Market To Watch: This week, demand and rates for power only capacity inbound to and outbound from Norfolk, Va., are expected to increase substantially.
– Over the next five to seven days, demand for reefer capacity inbound to and outbound from Jonesboro, Ark., is projected to be three times higher than it was during the same week in 2022.
– This week, the Pittsburgh reefer market will favor shippers by more than two to one, meaning there likely will only be one load available to every two refrigerated trailers headed into and out of the area.
– The states of California, Iowa and Nevada recently issued HOS waivers due to extreme weather and fuel supply chain issues.
– According to yesterday’s weekly fuel report from FreightWaves, the average per gallon price for diesel fuel purchased at a truck stop has declined from $4.739 to $4.693 since last week.
Check out our previous trucking forecast, “Where’s the Freight? Tucson, Wheeling, Little Rock, Jonesboro and Macon Hottest Freight Markets for Truckers in Coming Week.”
To download Trucker Tools’ free driver app, visit https://www.truckertools.com/carriers/trucker-tools-app/. To start using Trucker Tools’ free carrier software platform, visit https://bookaload.truckertools.com/.